Office Email Best Practices
Office emails mean professional emails used for communication within or outside an organisation. Since it deals with one’s workplace, such mails are usually formal and follow a specific format.
Following these rules will make an office mail more effective:
- Keep them brief: Since such letters are not personal, one need not give too many details. You can keep them short, to the point and focused.
- State subject clearly: A company gets innumerable mails every day, so ideally you should mention the subject or the reason for writing the email right at the beginning, which will save your superior’s time.
- Take care of grammar, spellings: Since it is an official mail, certain formalities must be maintained and be very careful about your grammar and spellings.
- Do not mail non-work related items: Use your office mail ID only for official purposes. Do not mail funny or personal things through your office ID, as it may also be monitored by your systems manager.
Category: Office Emails
Sites That Link to this Post
- Office Emails | April 23, 2010